Monday, January 25, 2010

Hi All,

As many of you know, I've been looking for jobs for quite awhile now. I applied through Americorps for a stewardship assistant with the Milwaukee county park system. It would involve many things that I have done before, like invasive species removal, seed collecting, plant propagating, and general maintenance. The job also comes with some form of health insurance. It would start March 1 and go through August, full time. Today I got an email inviting me to come in for an interview. I'm not letting myself get excited, but it would be great if I got this job. It's on February 2 and I'm asking for prayers that all will go well.

We just came back from another relaxing weekend in Holland. The main reason we went home was because one of Leah's older cousins got married. The reception was at Boatwerks and had a 10 piece jazz band all night, very cool. We also got to hang out with Joel, Julie and Kyper. They were in town because Joel is in between rotations. We had a "business meeting" at JP's and talked about a project that we might get going soon. More about that later.

No pictures today, but we'll keep posting.
Aren

3 comments:

Joel said...

Wow! Two posts in 8 days...amazing.

We will be praying for you with the interview Aren. It sounds like a cool opportunity; right up your alley.

Joel

Zach said...

Good luck with the interview Aren

Julie said...

It was great to see you this past weekend. AS Joel said, we'll be praying. Let us know how the interview goes.